It’s Oscar time again, which means awards are going to be handed out to films I’ve never seen and/or heard of. I remember years ago when nominees were announced I’d root for someone. These days it seems I just don’t care and yet I watch anyway. Anyway a couple observations:
- an ‘F-Bomb’ in an acceptance speech, classy
- Hey Sorkin, enough already, wrap it up
- RDJr and Jude Law are awesome
- I’m sad How to Train Your Dragon lost, I haven’t seen Toy Story 3 yet but I LOVED Dragon. I’m also feeling the continuance of a backlash that stated with the overrated Up, it’s the Animated Feature category, not the Pixar category
- Has Sandra Bullock aged since Speed?
- Who invited Oprah again? At the Emmys sure, but Oscars?
- Halle Berry looks fantastic, what has she been doing lately
- Auto Tuned musicals for the win! *
- Ah Billy Crystal, the good ol’ days
- Did they leave out Patrick Swayze in the RIP montage? Was that long enough ago it was last year?
- Spielberg presenting for best picture ‘…the losers will be in the company of Citizen Kane…’ - Classic
In related news, the Razzies are out. Not suprisingly The Last Airbender got the lions share with Worst Picture, Worst Supporting Actor, Worst Eye-Gouging Misuse of 3D, Worst Screenplay and Worst Director. Sex in the City 2 took most of the other categories.
*Lazy Basterd fully supports the use of Auto Tune for the creation of one-off 3 minute skits, any attempt to create a full length feature will be met with hostility