Monday, July 11, 2011

Steam’s Summer Sale

Steam’s summer will come to a close in about about eight and a half hours, so let’s take a look at this season’s haul. I’m not positive on the prices for the last few, I appear to have deleted the confirmation email with the prices, but this is pretty close.

   8.49    Magicka+DLC
   7.48    Far Cry+Far Cry 2
   1.00    Defense Grid DLC
   7.50    Transformers: War for Cybertron
   7.50    Tropico 3 Gold
10.20    Dragon Age: Origins – Ultimate Edition
42.**

I actually already had Dragon Age, but no DLC aside from the freebies with a new copy. Essentially got $40.00+ in DLC for $10.00.

I tried Transformers briefly. The 3rd person view over the shoulder is a bit disconcerting, and I loathe the ammunition system. Can’t say I’m terribly impressed.

I also tried Far Cry… Thus far the game refuses to load. Forums say to delete the config file and disable anti-aliasing. I’ll have to mess with that later.

I’m a little torn on Tropico 3. The starting tutorial is fairly basic and I’m not quite sure what I’m doing. However, I glanced at the clock and realized I hadn’t known what I was doing for 3 hours. So there’s definitely a Civ ‘one more turn…’ vibe going on there.

For some reason I’m proud of myself for NOT buying Fallout 3 GotY Edition. I’ve already got the base game on PC on disc, and I have the GotY Edition on X-Box 360. I don’t even LIKE the game. But review scores and the internet have brainwashed me into thinking it’s the second coming* almost made me get on Steam with all DLC included. I’m convinced I must be missing something from the game. The internet would never lie to me, right?

*This is also why I have Halo: Reach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers