Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The WoW Community

Two months ago when I started to get back into WoW I stopped again due to two reasons. One I’ll get to later, but the main reason is the WoW community, such as it is. I was on my mage running Drak'Tharon Keep. After the run was over someone in the group immediately requed. I declined seeing as I had quests to turn in and there was the event to sit through before I could do so. After explaining why I was declining to reque I was votekicked. Well, I ragequit and managed to not delete mage.

Yesterday, I CCed a mob and pulled the other five. A rogue decided to attack the only mob I didn’t have control of. A minute later the same rogue decided to run in first and fan of knives the group. I hope the extra 4 seconds saved pulling the group before me was worth the 15 minute que for a new tank.

Today I lost 2 need rolls in the same run. One went to a death knight, it was kinda a sidegrade so I didn’t care much, besides, he could use it. The next one though was a clear upgrade. I lost to the druid healer. Now, I’d understood that the loot revamp was supposed to prevent things like that, apparently not. I hope the druid healer gets good use of his new strength/parry necklace. And get this, after winning he left the group. He also won the OTHER item but didn’t get it because he’d dropped group. I can only assume his intention was to specifically piss me off .

My point, is that people suck.

My entire group of WoW friends originally started from a Deadmines run. After a particular display of badassery I was invited into the guild at level 20. I was in that guild up to 60, that guild merged with another and we started raiding ZG and MC and the rest is history.

That will never happen now. Dungeons are so ‘gogogo’ oriented you never pay attention to others (except shithead rogues). And even if you did, they’re on a different server.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers