Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lazy Book Rev- Preorder: Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison

I just preordered Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison. Will be released Feb 23 and shipped by Science Fiction Book Club. Now I know what your thinking, why order from SFBC when including shipping it comes out to the same new release price I might get at Hastings on release day. Well I’ll tell you.

You see, I have the other 7 books in the series, all from SFBC, and SFBC books are all sized smaller than their retail counterparts. There’s like a half inch difference. You can’t go around having books in the same series being different sizes, it makes your shelf look all screwed up, and I can’t live like that.

Update: Full discloser - I feel I should point out this same issue has forced me to repurchase more than half of the Dresden Files. See when it first came out it was a just a new writer with a book and was of course released in paperback, and continused to be so for the next 5 books. Starting with book 7, Dead Beat was released as hardback. Then, they back and started releasing 1-6 in hardback... Well, in July I'll have the entire series in hardback, buawahahaha!!!

1 comment:

Followers