Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lazy TV Review: Sons of Anarchy S1

I recently finished season 1 of Sons of Anarchy. I’d picked it up as something of an impulse by from of of Amazon’s Christmas sales and was very impressed, I’ll definitely be picking up Season 2.

The show stars Charlie Hunnam (Sons of Anarchy), Katey Sagal (Peggy Bundy in a drama, weird) and Ron Pearlman (Hellboy in a drama, weird). Pearlman is the head honcho of the biker gang Sons of Anarchy, stepson Hunnam is the club VP. Sagal plays Hunnam’s mother and Pearlman’s wife, conniving bitch.

Show opens with the Sons warehouse getting blown up by  rival gang, shortly after Jackson’s (Hunnam)  ex goes into very premature labor (junkie bitch). Most of the season revolves around the Sons scrambling to get cash to recover from the explosion and Jackson dealing with personal issues. I hesitate to go into more detail as the show is very serialized and it’s hard to avoid spoilers.

I’ve seen Sons compared to The Sapranos but I don’t think that’s fair as The Sapranos sucks and Sons of Anarchy is quite good. I’d compare it to The Shield, which was also on FX pushing the basic cable grittiness envelope.

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers