Wednesday, September 29, 2010

GOG.com

I had never bought anything from GOG.com, and then they went bust. The idea itself is pretty cool. Take old PC games studios don’t care about anymore, apply a few minor tweaks so they run on modern systems and sell them cheaply. Sounds good. Problem is their library is a little ‘too’ old school. The only thing jumping out at me in their catalogue was Fallout, and I’ve got that laying around here somewhere. I’d jump on a few older games, I used to love the two Dark Sun games, and if they could get X-Wing or TIE Fighter to work I’d buy them and a flightstick. No, I’d never bought anything. Then they died.

Or did they? Turns out the dying was death was free publicity when they shutdown servers for a few days to do some upgrades. Reading forums, they pissed off a few people, but that wont matter if the games are there. What’s this I see? Baldur’s Gate? Planescape: Torment?? With soundtracks?! Yay! Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers