Thursday, September 23, 2010

Movie Review: Shutter Island

I never thought I’d place Leonardo Dicaprio and Martin Scorsese in the same company as Borat, but… there’s an hour of my life I’ll never get back.

Leo plays a WW2 vet turned US Marshal. He’s sent to Shutter Island, a fortress asylum for the criminally insane. Think Arkham with the celebrities. Seems some crazy chick has escaped and they call in Leo to track her down. There’s a few subplots, a few flashbacks to WW2. About a 30 minutes in I came up with the theory that Leo was fucked in the head from the war and was actually a patient at Shutter Island, the whole movie being a delusion. An hour in, I didn’t care and started playing Civ5.

Turned Off in Boredom – My Rating
3 1/2 Stars – Netflix Fail

1 comment:

  1. Well, you're 90%, but that 10% makes it better. Not ZOMG better and I'd still give it 3.5 stars.

    ReplyDelete

Followers