Monday, October 4, 2010

The Superman Movie

File this under ‘This is going to be awesome if they don’t fuck it up!’. Announced today, Zack Snyder (300, Dawn of the Dead) will be directing the new Superman movie. Writing credits go to David Goyer (Batman Begins, Dark Knight) and Christopher Nolan (think he did something, don’t remember though). Nolan is also producing.

I figure we got story covered with the Batman people, but Snyder directly? This makes me excited. Snyder definitely knows action, something for some reason Superman movies don’t have. I want to see Darkseid or Zod or Brainiac or a mental Captain Marvel. Damnit, I want to see Superman go toe to toe with someone and feel pain, from POWER not from a Kryptonite shiv (though I’ll forgive a shiv if Lobo’s wielding).

Also, Snyder gets flak for using slomo to much, but I propose this. The entire Superman movie will be in slomo, Superman just moves so fast it looks normal speed most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers