Thursday, April 29, 2010

Lazy Game Review: TMNT Turtles in Time PSN

Sony been doing a weekly sale on PSN titles recently and I picked up Turtles in Time for 4.99 and Ratchet and Clank for 7.49. R&C is shelved for the moment until I finally complete Tools of Destruction (see my earlier post on game completion failures). I did however give Turtles in Time a whirl.

Turtles in Time is an HD remake of an old 4-player arcade coin cruncher from back in the day when, you know, arcades existed. You know the game. It’s the same engine X-Men, The Avengers, Turtles and a dozen others used. The X-Men one even had room for 6 players (I pity the guy that got stuck with Dazzler).

Anyway… Overall, ait is what it  is. a button mashing beatem’ up designed to throw waves after waves of enemies at you so you die and pop in another quarter. Being on a console with variable difficulty, money isn’t an issue so I didn’t have to keep running back to mom for more quarters (hey this was years ago).

Easy (default mode) is definitely to easy though. Game gives you 9 lives and I ended with 7 on easy mode. I’m not that good. From a technical aspect the only bad thing is some weird screen tearing that happens sporadically. It’s not game breaking and doesn’t happen constantly. But it does happen and it’s weird when it does.

If you like button mashing beatem’ ups, or feeling nostalgic for old school arcades, it’s good for a rental. Not sure I’d pay full price though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers