Click HERE for a blue post from yesterday detailing some of the changes coming up in Cataclysm. Heavy stuff. Holy Pallys wanting spirit? The world’s gone mad! MAD!
Anyway, a few things directly impacting my prot pally main:
- Parry now reduces damage by 50% rather than 100%
- Block reduces damage by 30% rather than BV which goes away
- Dodge remains 100% damage reduction
- Defense goes away: uncritable by turning on Righteous Fury (defense stance, frost presence or bearform)
- No more weapon skills: not an issue endgame, but when leveling how often have we gotten a new weapon and then spent a few hours ‘training’
Still no details on how mastery works. Obviously a few spells need to be reworked - Shield of the Righteous (our biggest damage attack) scales with BV which wont exist anymore.
As in the past the changes will be rolled out a few weeks before release and, if history is any indication, will be huge buff. We’ll see.